mardi 3 mars 2020

Day 22 - 1 Irishman + 2 Québécois = Hangover

This time, I was not going to fail. I was on a mission to find the best breakfast in town… and I think I did a pretty good job!

This restaurant was renowned for their coffee, roasted by the owner of the place, who really liked innovating and trying new things. I knew I was already winning points. And Steve ordered spinach and avocado eggs benedict. Boom!


More points for me! I ordered french toast made of homemade bread, rum, coconut milk and caramelized plantains.


And we even ordered this fancy coffee.


I think I won the 1st prize for the best breakfast for the entire trip.

After breakfast, we tried a few ATMs because we needed to withdraw money for our next destination, which was a 2.9 square meters island in the Caribbean sea, with no bank or ATM. But we were out of luck because we tried at least 3 ATMs and none of them worked. 

We walked the city a little while and went back to our room and sat by the pool.



There was another Canadian, Craig, from Victoria and he started talking to us. You know the kind of guy you who sticks and just never leaves! And who's seen everything, been everywhere, but doesn't know much! At one point, I just stopped listening and started writing my blog and poor Steve was stocked with him. Until another Canadian, Sean, initially from Ireland, based in Montreal and flying in and out in the north of BC for work, joined us. We started talking to him and Craig went on the rooftop patio. 

Sean offered us beers that he had in the fridge. We chatted for a while and he asked if we wanted to go with him and visit a few beaches around the city. Of course, we said yes!

We first walked to an ATM that was a different bank and, this time, it worked. 

Then, we stopped at the first beach and had a few beers. It was much cozier than the central beach! We went to another more remote beach with only a few locals and had a few more beers.

Of course, we didn't just have beer! We chatted with Sean and had super interesting conversations. It was a very cool afternoon!

We came back to our homestay, sat by the pool and I asked Sean if he would accept to take a picture with Youppi. 


And Craig joined us. It's not that he is mean or a bad person! But he was a bit heavy and annoying. But he had rum and wouldn't let us refuse the glass he offered. So we sacrificed  ourselves and I must admit that it was good rum. But our breakfast was really far now and we needed to eat. Of course, nobody wanted to be rude and tell Craig he was not welcomed so the 4 of us left for dinner together. We went to a restaurant right on the beach and next to a big bonfire. We had food and, of course, a few more beers! After dinner, we sat on more comfortable chairs by the fire, with another beer. Poor Steve was stocked with Craig again while Sean and I were observing how long he would survive without discreetly kicking or punching me in a last hope to save him. But after a few minutes, I started feeling sorry for him so I politely interrupted them to say that I was ready to go to bed. I lost the count of beers and rum that we had but it was definitely more that I can remember!

So we all left and called it a night. At least, it's what I thought. But  life has decided otherwise. Or maybe Sean or Steve. Anyway, it wasn't me… We were walking back to our comfortable bed, that I was already dreaming about… and, I don't know how but we finished on a rooftop patio of a bar, with a live band and another beer. Apparently, we even hijacked a young Californian's table that I thought was Australian.

After an unidentified period of time, we left the bar. I managed to survive the stairs and finish in my bed… without even being sick!

Aucun commentaire:

Publier un commentaire