dimanche 1 mars 2020

Day 19 - Mariposas y Ojo de agua

I woke up all sweaty. In Nicaragua, it's not rare that the electricity stops during the night. For once, we did have A/C but it stopped working a few hours earlier and it was really hot!

I was not feeling better than the day before so we decided to do something not too arduous.

We were sleeping in the Charco Verde reserve on the island so we decided to spend a couple of hours there. We started with the butterfly garden. I was kinda able to take pictures of a  blue butterfly like the one I saw in El Castillo!



Then, we walked the path. We had the entire reserve for us and didn't see one single other tourist! It was super quiet and we could hear howler monkeys and all kinds of birds and small animals. We stopped to observe an entire family of monkeys. We saw big loud males and quieter females with their small babies hanging on them. They seemed as curious as we were and we observed each other for a little while. But they were a bit shy and each time I was trying to get a picture, they would hide… or show their bums! Oh well, it's better than nothing!


We spent a couple of hours in the reserve. It was very relaxing and therapeutic.



We could hear little lizards in the leaves by the path and we were trying to find them… but at one point, I jumped when my eyes crossed the eyes of a little snake. It was looking at me, with its tongue out of its mouth! It was not big but one important thing that I've learned in Nicaragua is that smaller things are often more dangerous than bigger ones! But I wanted a picture so I took my cellphone but the snake was also shy and left. All I was able to get is this…


After this pleasant morning, we drove to a natural spring pool filled with crystal clear water from an underground river that comes from volcano Maderas. It's quite magical! It's like an all natural nordic spa concept but right at the base of a volcano, in the jungle, on an island… and all this for $3 per person! And, unlike the Nordik back home, beer costs $1.50!



We spent a few hours there and I must say that it was exactly what I needed to fully recover.

We then drove to our homestay. It was a bit remote, which is what we wanted. It was a nice house and our room had a huge balcony with a hammock and chairs. I was so comfortable in the hammock that I fell asleep while Steve went and explored the surroundings on his scooter. He was happy to get to ride something that was not too far from a motorcycle.

We went to a Argentinian restaurant, had a good dinner, walked back to our room and went to bed. 

Aucun commentaire:

Publier un commentaire