mercredi 26 février 2020

Day 16 - Good company and no plan!



The plan for today… wait a minute… there is no plan for today. Or, the plan is: Do whatever you want to do as long as it's fun, relaxing and not considered as a physical activity. At least, this was my plan. 

We started with a good breakfast, moved our bums to a chair by the pool, sat and relaxed. It was a perfect activity, totally aligned with my plan for the day. And then Steve said "We have access to free bicycles, let's go and explore the village!" Damn! This didn't fit in my plan for the day! But when Steve wants to do something, he can get very insistent. So we took the 2 bicycles they had at the hostel. One was not bad and the other one was way too small! Who got the small one you think?! Of course, it was me! It's really not easy to pedal with your knees in your face! And it definitely didn't qualify as an activity that fitted within the definition of my plan for the day! But I did it! This is how much I love my Steve! And he loves me so much that he silently endured all my complaints throughout our gateway. 

We came back to our hostel, sweatier than ever, and spent the rest of the day alternating between our chair and the swimming pool… oh, and the bar to order beers and chatting with Mariette and Vanessa. It was cool to learn about the differences between their countries and ours. We had very interesting conversations and we also made fun of each other's accent or weird words. Did you know that, in Switzerland, instead of saying soixante-dix, quatre-vingt and quatre-vingt-dix like every other french speaking countries, they were saying septante, huitante and nonante?! Weird hein?! But when you think about it, it makes so much more sense! (Vanessa, if you read that post, sorry, I had to say it!) I even showed them how to swear in Québécois!

At around 5 o'clock, the time of the day where the burning dark sand was becoming tolerable under our feet and before the sun disappears, we went to the sea to swim in the waves and enjoy the beach.

We had such a good time and the day went by so quickly that I didn't even take any pictures and the first thing I knew was that it was already dinner time.

The owner of the hostel was playing with her 2 dogs on the beach and she came to us. We asked her for a good fish and seafood restaurant and she recommended a place nearby that was accessible either by the beach or the street. So we went back to our rooms, showered and got changed. We met by the pool and left by the beach.

The restaurant was very quiet, just like almost every other restaurant we had seen so far but it was a nice and cozy place.

We ordered a few plates and shared everything. Food was really good and, thanks to Mariette and Vanessa, this dinner and our day was another highlight of our trip… until karaoke started! It was so bad! I think my ears actually bled! But don't worry, nobody on our group contributed to this painful torture.

We left before our ears voluntarily decided to become deaf and walked back to our hostel by the street.  Before calling it a night, since it was the girls' last night, I asked if they would accept to take a picture with Youppi. Earlier today, Youppi told me he liked Mariette and Vanessa and would like a photo as a souvenir. They gently accepted….


And we said goodbye to the girls in case we would not see them in the morning. 

1 commentaire:

  1. Chouette rencontre avec vous !
    Ici bien rentrées sous la pluie ! profitez de la suite !

    Mariette

    RépondreEffacer